Privacy & Security Policy
This section informs you of Spectrum’s policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal Information we receive from users of the site. Spectrum uses your personal information only for providing and improving the site. By using the site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy. Spectrum respects your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and complies with all of the Act’s requirements in relation to the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
- Collection of your personal information– There are many aspects of the site which can be viewed without providing personal information, however, for enrolment you are required to submit personally identifiable information. This may include but not limited your name, email address, phone number etc. This personally identifiable information can be used to contact or identify you.
- Other information that may be captured– Anonymous information on website activity which is used to evaluate website’s performance and to improve the content displayed to you. To evaluate the effectiveness of our online advertising, Spectrum may use third parties to collect statistical data. No personal information is collected on these occasions. Other information collected may include server address, top level domain, the date and time of a visit to the Website; the pages accessed and downloaded; and the type of browser used. We may log IP addresses (the electronic address of a computer connected to the internet) to analyze trends, administer our website, track users’ movements, and gather broad demographic information. Our website uses Google Ad Words, Google Analytics, and the Google Display Network together to serve ads to you on other websites after you have visited our website. This practice is known as re marketing and is a tool that Google offers to businesses. If you would like to opt-out of receiving advertising like this from Google, you can manage these settings by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager.
- Sharing of your personal information: We may occasionally hire other companies to provide services, including but not limited to handling customer support enquiries, processing transactions etc. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. Spectrum takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organizations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remembers that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Log Data – Spectrum uses website hosting and operators to support the website. Like many site operators, they collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This log data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, and the pages of our site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this.
- Cookies-Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive and used by many sites to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of website.
- Direct marketing– Spectrum has a range of educational products which we forward to our existing customers on our data base by email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws. Spectrum will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without first notifying you. At Spectrum we only want to communicate with you if you want to hear from us. You may opt out at any time (by notifying us) if you no longer wish to receive commercial messages from us.
- Legal– Spectrum reserves the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Website.
Spectrum Security Policy:
Spectrum is committed to ensuring the security of your personal information and will take all reasonable precautions to protect this information from loss, misuse or alteration. Spectrum’s secure server software SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet. This encryption technique is certified by internationally respected certification body for Internet sites.
Credit card details are never stored on our system or any system that is connected to the Internet and is not stored on the server that hosts any of our websites. To further ensure your privacy, make sure you sign-out after shopping at any of our online stores, especially if you are using a shared computer, for example at work or at a web café.
Spectrum uses the eWAY & PayPal Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. eWAY processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet. All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the eWAY gateway are secured payments.
Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by Spectrum or any outside party.
All transactions are performed under 256 Bit SSL Certificate.
All transaction data is encrypted for storage within eWAY’s bank-grade data center, further protecting your credit card data.
eWAY is an authorised third part processor for all the major Australian banks.
eWAY at no time touches your funds, all monies are directly transferred from your credit card to the merchant account held by Spectrum.