Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Spectrum knowledge consultants website. We are happy that you chose Spectrum as your companion for the competitive examination preparation. Listed below are standard terms and conditions. Please email us if you have any questions.
Access to this website and enrollment on this website is subject to the following terms and conditions.
- General- All Spectrum programs are in-class and tutor face to face interaction based and are conducted in Perth West Australia for use by bona fide applicants only, i.e. those preparing for the site listed competitive examinations. Enrolment to Spectrum’s programs is for the particular applicant enrolled. Enrolment cannot be transferred or substituted to another person in any manner. Spectrum reserves the right to reject your enrolment.
- Refund/Return Policy-Since many programs are face to face programs, a minimum of 4-6 students are needed for each program to provide an optimum simulated learning experience. Depending on actual enrolments for each session, Spectrum reserves the right to cancel/ make adjustments to schedule (with consultation) to allow optimum learning experience. In instances where the minimum students are not available, Spectrum reserves the right to cancel the program and intimate the enrolled students 1 day before the program. Full fee is refunded in such instances. No fee (full/part) is refunded if the student changes mind after enrollment or fails to attend the program or leaves the program in the middle for any reasons. Returns, refunds or exchanges will not be provided unless there are exceptional circumstances and the decision whether to provide a return, refund or exchange is solely at Spectrum discretion. A request by email will need to be provided to Spectrum stating your name, contact details, context and reasons why you are requesting a cancellation/refund. Requests will be processed if they are sent within one week of the date of enrolment. In situations where the student becomes sick on the day of their booked session/mock exam, request for shifting to next available session to be sent along with medical certificate before start of booked session. No refund for intimation after booked session completion.All requests for refunds will incur an administration and banking surcharge of 20%. Credit (by way of promotion voucher) may be given, at Spectrum’s discretion, to other Spectrum programs after cancellations. Refunds for individual components or parts of a package are not permitted.
- Fees and Currency-Fees must be paid in full at the time of enrollment prior to the commencement of the program. Prices are subject to change without notice. All prices on the website are in Australian Dollars (AUD) and all purchases will be made in Australian Dollars.
- Delivery Policy-Course schedules and locations are subject to change and/or cancellation. Spectrum will notify you of any changes or cancellations and available alternatives. Spectrum’s programs are deemed as delivered when once the enrolled applicant participates in person. You will be responsible for providing the correct email address and Spectrum will be in no way held responsible if the email address provided to us is inaccurate, outdated or incorrect. Spectrum’s programs are specific to the one you chose at the time of enrollment and cannot change or substituted later. While Spectrum will ensure that all administrative arrangements for conduct of program and well planned and executes, due to factors beyond our control, if the program cannot be held fully or partly as intended, Spectrum cannot be held responsible for any such inconveniences experienced.
- Use of this Website-You will not use the site for emailing of (a) any objectionable material (the publication, dissemination, use or possession of which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect) (b) any irrelevant commentary (abusive, defamatory or obscene or which will harass, distress or inconvenience the receiver (c) advertising, promotional materials.
- Copyright- All materials used in the spectrum programs is either licensed to spectrum or developed specifically for Spectrum by experienced content developers and is protected by Australian copyright and other intellectual property laws. The class room material must be returned to the tutor at the end of the session. Students are not permitted to take any materials to home due to copyright reasons.
- Indemnity –You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Spectrum and any of its directors, officers, agents and employees from and against any and all third party claims and all liabilities, assessments, losses, costs or damages resulting from or arising out of or related to (i) any breach by you of any term or condition of this Agreement.
- Disclaimer- Spectrum programs are designed to provide knowledge, clarify doubts and provide experiential learning opportunities under simulated test conditions where applicable. There are no guarantees provided for the outcome achieved by the student in the main exam. Spectrum shall not be liable to you or any third party for any direct, special, indirect, consequential or incidental damages due to non-achievement of student’s’ outcome. Access to the Spectrum website and its content, products and services are provided “as is.” The services of Spectrum are without any warranty of any kind. Spectrum, its directors and employees, disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose concerning or relating to the information provided on the Spectrum web site. Use of the site and its contents are at your risk. We shall not be held liable for any damages you may incur from your use of this site. Although Spectrum makes every reasonable effort to do so it makes sure that the information presented is accurate, no warranties for completeness or timeliness are provided. Accordingly, Spectrum will not be liable to you or any other person or organisation seeking relief through you for any decision made or actions taken in reliance on any information presented by Spectrum that results in any indirect, special, punitive, consequential, incidental loss or damage of any nature arising from any cause whatsoever (including, but not limited to, trading losses, loss of anticipated revenue, personal injury, or other indirect loss or damage), even if Spectrum has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Spectrum shall not be responsible for any errors or omissions contained in the website or any other forums, whether printed or oral, and reserve the right to make changes to its website content and courses without notice. Spectrum has no association or affiliation with the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER), WACE or SCSA or any university or any other organisation. Enrolment with Spectrum does not represent or include an application to sit the main competitive exam (e.g. GATE, UMAT) Registration at the concerned authorities is your own responsibility.
- Misconduct: Breach of any of the Spectrum’s terms and conditions. There are penalties for any type of misconduct including failure to follow session supervisor’s instructions.
- Grievance, complaints and appeals-We welcome your feedback and endeavour to deal with complaints efficiently, effectively and confidentially. If you have a complaint, we encourage you to first raise the matter with the relevant staff member. If not resolved, you may forward your inputs with all relevant details as an email.
- Other administrative terms and conditions:
- Advisory – It is recommended that students have a good breakfast/meal before reporting to the school and bring a snack to eat in the breaks (where permitted) if they think they will be hungry. Please note large spaces like test centres can be difficult to heat/ cool. To avoid being too cold or too hot, it is recommended to wear layers, which will allow you to adjust your own comfort level.
- Venue / Session changes – Requests for swapping session with alternate tutor/location – SKC allocates students to sessions/rooms/tutors by auto-generated IT system. Changes are generally cannot be entertained due to extensive disruption they cause in the overall allocation process.
- Session arrival time- Students must report to this school at the time advised and they are responsible to present themselves in good health. The session/mock test will start as soon as pre-session procedures (e.g. ID verification) are completed which normally takes 15-30 minutes depending on number of students. No latecomers will be admitted once the session has started.
- Identification: – Need for identification will be basis the programme and shall be mentioned in the course enrolled for. Current passport OR driver’s license or School issued ID card.
- Conduct within the class room- (a) Some of the sessions (e.g. full length mock tests) will go on for approximately 5 to 6 hrs. (b) Clocks are provided in the test room. You may wear an analogue wristwatch, and any alarm or stopwatch features must be switched off. (c) No food (including lollies) may be consumed during the examination. (d) Calculators, pagers, stopwatches, audio or recording devices of any kind, MP3 players, digital watches, Apple watches, dictionaries, note paper, pencil cases, highlighters, and rulers are not permitted (e) Only a transparent pouch with pens and pencils and erasers and water in a clear bottle.is allowed inside the class room. (f) If you are in possession of a mobile phone then turn it off and place it in a pouch and deposited at the designated place. Spectrum is not responsible for custody of any of the personal belongings. (f) Please leave the test booklets and answer booklets in the class room only after you use them. Test papers may be self-marked by the students under the guidance of the tutor. You are not permitted to take any test materials, either answer or question booklets from the class room except the take home score sheet and home work sheets.home work sheets.
- Children (< 12 years age): Parents are responsible for (a) ensuring the child is healthy and in a condition fit for taking part in the session without any expectation from tutor (b) the collection of child at the designated session end time (c) instructing and ensuring that the child conducts appropriately in the class room (d)being available in the school premises for the full length of session, if the child is unwell, or has tendencies to deviate from instructions, common lounge can be used as waiting room for parents.